Re: Mysqli returning result set from a function to calling script

Hi Radek,

Are you looking for something like the fetchAll function?

http://php.net/manual/en/function.PDOStatement-fetchAll.php

/Tobias

Radek Zajkowski wrote:
Hi all,

we've trying to write a wrapper class that would execute a prepared statement and return obtained dataset/resultset to the calling script.

It would:

  1. Prepare statement
  2. execute
  3. call something like $stmt->store_result(); (which we could assing
     to a var or return)
  4. return the results set

however, there seems to be no method or property representing tables inside the $stmt var

In .NET, for example (please don't spit), you can get at the results by accessing e.g. DataSet.Tables["TableName"].

How do we do that in PHP5?

Many thanks,

Radek.