Re: PHP Beginners Help

Ben:

First, using a $_POST value directly into a MySQL query is EXTREMELY
unsafe. Always filter data from any source to make sure it's what you
expect. SQL injection is one of the easiest ways to cause real damage
to a website. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SQL_injection

Check out this fuction for making the string safe:
http://us2.php.net/manual/en/function.mysql-real-escape-string.php
Also, try and strip out any characters that don't belong in the string
anyway, just as added security.

Good luck learning PHP.

--Another person who happens to be named Ben

I've also put a few edits in the code.