Parent process lost MySQLi connection after child process gone.

Hello,

A question:
Can we make a separate file handlers for mysql connection sockets for every new connection using mysqli library in future releases? IMHO this should be very usefull for peoples. I saw tens messages at various forums and some in bug database on this subject ...

Original report:
http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=37998

Resolution:
"[19 Nov 11:25am UTC] hholzgra@xxxxxxx
After a fork the two processes share the file handle for the mysql
connection socket,
when one of them terminates it closes its open file handles and so the
shared connection
socket gets closed for both -> so expected behavior ..."

My thanks to hholzgra@xxxxxxxx

--
Dmitry Shukaylo                // DBS2-RIPE, CAT-UANIC