Re: passing a mysqli object via globals

Chris wrote:
julian wrote:
warn: already posted in general.... with no response... maybe is too basic.. but I RTFM and still is not clear to me what I am doing wrong....

I want to open a database connection at program initialization and use that very same connection via globals initilizating ( loading from db) other objects.

Basically

index.php

require_once ('file.php');

$db=new mysqli(host,us,pass,db);

The order of this stuff matters.

$db isn't set up when you include file.php, hence why it's not an object when you try to use it.

move the $db = .. line above the file.php reference.

[ I'm sure you would have received a notice or warning or something if you had error_reporting set to E_ALL and display errors on ]

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your comments. I do have E_ALL set.

Your view does no explain why in one class it does work and in the other class it does not. Both classes defined in same file.

However, I will try later in the day you idea and will post results.

many thanks.

JCG