Re: What is the most efficient way to store SELECT results

Robert Palmer wrote:
I'm not I was clear in my question. A query returns 1,000 rows from the table. I want to store the entire result of that query in order to be able to create separate pages to return the results rather than all on one page "e.g. Page 1 2 3 4 ... ". Not sure if it's important but I'm using persistent connections.

test out your server.

create a test script to load the results into an array.

keep track of memory usage. then calculate that to how much traffic that script will be seeing.

so taking that into consideration, if you run separate boxes for your web server/php and db, you can balance out: lots of hits on memory on the web server or lots of disc access on the db server if you decide to go with the "re-call the db server" paging methods...