RE: Updating 2 Databases from a single form

Realistically, there are three options:

1. run the code twice to connect and pass the data to each server
2. set up a primary server and use a stored procedure to load the other server (providing db supports it)
3. set up replication and make one a master and the other a slave and the the replication do its work, the flip to this is to make each server a master and slave them off the other

Bastien> To: php-db@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> From: dmoon3@xxxxxxxxxx> Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 16:42:10 -0500> Subject:  Updating 2 Databases from a single form> > Hello,> > I was wondering if there is anyway to first connect to two databases > simeltaneously. (both reside on the same server) . After connecting, I have > a single form that I want to use to update data to 2 different tables, both > tables are in different databases.> > So far I have recieved at least 10 ways of doing this and none of them seem > to work.> I know there is a way, but I cant seem to grasp it from the information that > I have acquired so far.> > Important Facts> Both databases have the same login credentials,> Both databases are on the same server,> > > Any ideas? > > -- > PHP Database Mailing List (http://www.php.net/)> To unsubscribe, visit: http://www.php.net/unsub.php>