RE: How to capture from session and match database

Hi,

First of all, where you are storing the session variable, it should be
specified as:
$_SESSION['email'] = 'email value' //PHP 4.1.0 onwards

This is preferred to registering global variables. There's a whole lot of
discussion on why.

On the pages you are authenticating, you would correspondingly check for a
value in $_SESSION['email']

!empty($_SESSION['email']) isset($_SESSION['email']) etc, depending on you.

When you code for the session logout, you need to look up the php manual
for session_destroy().

When you would like to retrieve data for a user, you can get the details by
using code like this:
$query="SELECT * FROM table WHERE email = '".
mysql_real_escape_string($_SESSION['email']). "'";

I would suggest you read up a good tutorial on php + mysql

I am not sure why there are curly braces after mysql_close(); or where you
are setting values to $i

mysql_close();
{

$shopname=mysql_result($result,$i,"shopname");
$category=mysql_result($result,$i,"category");

}

The best thing would be to first understand sessions, set variables, echo
values, destroy variables, and then test the sql.