How to capture from session and match database

Hi,

I have this session code on each page and this is working fine for
authentication:

<?
session_start();
if(!session_is_registered(email)){
header("location:store-login.php");
}
?>

Now I wish to

1)capture the value (userName) from session on one of my pages and
2)match it with the database and
3)display the value in the textfields

This is the code I am using to do this please:

include "../includes/malls_db_conf.php";

$query="SELECT * FROM table WHERE email = '$email'"; <---- Here I am
capturing from the session
$result=mysql_query($query);
$num=mysql_numrows($result);

mysql_close();
{

$shopname=mysql_result($result,$i,"shopname");
$category=mysql_result($result,$i,"category");

}

?>

Showing in the textfield from the database is working fine

THE Problem is:

I am getting only the first row of table to show up and not the one with the
field $userName, meaning the userName is not getting captured from the above
or checking with the table and showing me the value.

It might be a basic one, could you please advice how to achieve that.

Cheers,

Chris