Re: PHP + PostgreSQL: invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8"

>    output_handler=mb_output_handler

This helped me to fix any output to the browser properly, so I don't need to do any utf8_decode() any more, thanks.

> Setting it to "7" won't let me even echo something else.

Right, it's strange, but true... :-(

> mbstring.detect_order = UTF-8,eucjp-win,sjis-win

That solved the problem that mb_detect_encoding() was resulting with ASCII, now its saying "UTF-8", BUT only when running the script on console, with browser it tells me still ASCII, well not important.

But still the comparison test is "not equal", so the ut8_decode() is still needed when data comes from database, it's the same result in browser and on console (even it shows UTF-8 as detected).

>   The other thing to be wary of, is output to the console. Some OSes do
> not support unicode in the console.  So unless you're certain yours does,
> I wouldn't use it as a test.

I know, that's why I use the comparison test ;-)