Re: PHP5 instalation on SuSE 10.2

marcin.stanislawski@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
HI

I've got a problem during instalation php on SuSE I try to do this code
in shell

sh ./configure --enable-versioning
--with-layout=GNU --with-config-file-scan-dir=/usr/local/etc/php --enable-libxml --with-gd --with-mysql

all is ok but last report lines are:

checking for specified location of the MySQL UNIX socket... no
checking for MySQL UNIX socket location... /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock
configure: error: Cannot find MySQL header files under yes.

You're not sending us what you're putting as the configure line.

--with-mysql=yes does not include mysql. It tells configure to try and find mysql under the directory called 'yes' - which ain't gonna work.

Make sure you have the mysql-devel or mysql-dev (whatever suse calls it) rpm installed, then try again.

--
Postgresql & php tutorials
http://www.designmagick.com/