Re: Using multiple submits on a page and retaining $POST data

Try something like this:

****Your query here to get your dropdown values****
**
*// This first option value will set your default dropdown to display as
blank*
echo "<OPTION value=\"\">--SELECT--</OPTION>\n";

*// This will create a loop to return each option of your dropdown*
 foreach ($query_result as $q)
 {
*// This if statement says that IF the value in your database matches your
$_POST(selected) value then mark it as SELECTED*
   if ($q['my_column_value'] == $_POST['my_selected_value'])
     echo "<OPTION value=\"{$q['my_column_value']}\"
SELECTED>{$q['my_column_value']}</OPTION>\n";
*// This else statement will return your default(unselected) dropdown list
if it can't match the selected value with a value in your database*
   else
     echo "<OPTION
value=\"{$q['my_column_value']}\">{$q['my_column_value']}</OPTION>\n";
 }

Hope that helps.