From: "Steven Cruz" <steven.cruz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Micah Stevens" <micah@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "Chetan Graham" <chetan_graham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; <php-db@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, March 08, 2007 11:58 PM
Subject: Re:  Storing 4KB jpeg images on hospital web server

> Yeah, do what the boss says,  but I will tend agree, storing the images
> the database will slow it down.  There is one place that holds large
> images and even small vids in the DB.  IO over kill. They have two
> servers to run one database.

nope.. i disagree with that.. since i use pic and my data on same database..
it could say same as reading a lot text.. just imagine pic are a bunch of
word "aaaa" but in 300line.
to be honest.. i never try above statement. perhaps for a small database (i
point on data), database not slowdown.. but if use for big database.. i
never try about

btw.. img upload to database will never break 1mb (i already try that)

> Micah Stevens wrote:
> > On 03/08/2007 01:35 AM, Chetan Graham wrote:
> >> Back to the Hospital website.  Now the Web Boss wants to put the
> >> images in
> >> the DB.  I do feel the webserver folders would simply and well.
> >> However, we do what the boss says.
> >>
> > I'm with Bastien on this one, I've stored images in a database in the
> > past, and although I have to admit that it makes a certain amount of
> > sense in the fact it keeps all your data in one place, practically
> > it's a pain in the butt. It's faster, more efficient and better in
> > almost every respect to let the filesystem do what it does best and
> > store the files, and the database deal with data you need to organize
> > and sort.
that's correct.
and one small add.. u can backup the data without copy paste all things (i
mean export the database) and make a fuss because it