Re: Storing 4KB jpeg images on hospital web server

On 03/08/2007 01:35 AM, Chetan Graham wrote:
Back to the Hospital website.  Now the Web Boss wants to put the images in
the DB.  I do feel the webserver folders would simply and well.
However, we do what the boss says.
I'm with Bastien on this one, I've stored images in a database in the past, and although I have to admit that it makes a certain amount of sense in the fact it keeps all your data in one place, practically it's a pain in the butt. It's faster, more efficient and better in almost every respect to let the filesystem do what it does best and store the files, and the database deal with data you need to organize and sort.

-Micah