Re: array field type

Not a single field, but there's several methods of storing trees of information, which is what an array is. Here's one:

Nested Array storage table:

ArrayID (int, autonumber)
keyname (text)
parent   (int)
data (bigtext or whatever would be appropriate for the data you're storing)

For an array like this:

array('one'=>1, 'two'=>array('three'=>3, 'four'=>4))

the table would store these rows:

1, 'one', 0, 1
2, 'two', 0, 2
3, 'three', 2, 3
4, 'four', 2, 4

You can use a recursive function to restore the array, unless you require the granular functionality this type of process would give you such as sorting and filtering and statistics gathering.

-Micah

However, I think in the long run, you'd be better off serializing the data.

-Micah