Re: array field type

On Sunday 04 March 2007 23:04, Sancar Saran wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to know is there any db server around there for store php arrays
> natively.
>
> Regards
>
> Sancar
Thanks for responses, it seems I have to give more info about situation.

In my current project, we had tons of arrays. They are very deep and
unpredictable nested arrays.

Currently we are using serialize/unserialize and it seems it comes with own
cpu cost. Xdebug shows some serializing cost blips. Sure it was not SO BIG
deal (for now of course).

My db expertise covers a bit mysql and mysql does not have any array type
field (enum just so simple).

I just want to know is there any way to keep array data type natively in a sql
field.

Regards.

Sancar