RE: Mysql autentication problem

have you tried to 'flush privileges' to get the server to recognize the user account. Another option might be to open the mysqld from the command line and use the GRANT statement to create user without the gui.

bastien

From: Roberto F Tavares Neto <tavares@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: php-db@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject:  Mysql autentication problem
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2007 10:05:54 -0300

Hello,

I'm trying to do a very simple thing: create a database and a user to use it.

So, initially, I use the web interface phpmyadmin. Logged as root, I created the database, and the user with some password.

But, I could not login using phpmyadmin. Either any php-based system could connect to the BD.

So, I make sure that I got the "user@localhost" and "user@%" created, with permissions and same password. Nothing.

But I *can* log on mysql shell.

One more info: when the user is set without password, it works fine on PHP.

Does anyone can give me a clue of what is happening?

Thanks!

Roberto