Re: Problem with ocilogon

Here are a couple of things I have done ...

1) Edit the apachectl script and set the variables there
2) Set the variables in your shell then start apache
3) use phpinfo() to display your settings (I also found the below php
script to work well)

<--------------------->
<?php
phpinfo();
$a= ini_get_all();                    //Call ini_get_all()
$output="<table border=1>";           //Start an output string
  while(list($key, $value)=each($a))  //Loop through results
  {
    list($k, $v)= each($a[$key]);     //Access each array
    $output.="<tr><td>
                $key
                $v
                $k
  }//while
$output.="</table>";                  //Finish up
echo $output;                         //Spit it all out
?>
<--------------------->

Roy A. Jones
US Distribution IT
GlaxoSmithKline Inc. US Pharma IT, Financial Shared Services IT
External:
(919) 483-0266
Internal:
703-0266
Fax:
(919) 315-4979
Office:
STH D-1228
Email:
roy.a.jones@xxxxxxx
Pager:
(919) 312-0729

"Dominik Helle" <dominikhelle@xxxxxx>
16-Feb-2007 09:58

php-db@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
Re:  Problem with ocilogon

Brad Bonkoski schrieb:
> Dominik Helle wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've a problem with php-oci and I hope anybody can help me. I want to
>> connect with ocilogon to an Oracle Database. If i call my php-Script
>> in the browser, this error message turn up:
>>
>> Warning: ocilogon() [function.ocilogon]: OCIEnvNlsCreate() failed.
>> There is something wrong with your system - please check that
>> ORACLE_HOME is set and points to the right directory in...
>>
>> That is very funny, because if i activate the file on the command line
>> - the connect is possible and no error message turns up.
>>
>> FYI: My System:  Ubunutu 6, Apache 2 and php 5-with-oci & Oracle
>> Database 10g (10.1.0.2).
>>
>> Thank you for helping.
>>
>> Dominik
>>
> I'm assuming since you mention the apache, this is a web application...
> It looks like the ORACLE_HOME path is not know by apache/PHP.  So, you
> might try stopping apache, and doing something like 'source
> /etc/profile' or wherever your ORACLE_HOME env variable is set, and then

> restarting apache and trying again...
> HTH
> -B

Mhmmm I set this variables in the Apache - but it don't work :(

SetEnv ORACLE_HOME /xxx
SetEnv TNS_ADMIN /xxx
SetEnv LD_LIBRARY_PATH /xxx
SetEnv ORACLE_SID orcl10g
SetEnv NLS_LANG GERMAN_GERMANY.WE8ISO8859P1