Re: help with mysql connect error

Tim McGeary wrote:
I am new to this list today, so if I should be sending this to another
specific PHP list, please let me know.

I am getting the following error via the PHP web page I am building:

Warning: mysql_connect(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through
socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (13) in
/var/www/html/software/index.php on line 18 Can't connect to local
MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (13)

Given that you can connect through the socket on the CLI, I'm gonna guess that it's a permissions issue. Does the user that Apache (or whatever web server you're using) runs as have access to mysql.sock?

-Stut