Re: Installation Problem

Check out the installation instructions for Windows...
MYSQL support is not working with your PHP, if memory serves me correctly you just need to uncomment a dll in your php.ini file, but check out:
http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.mysql.php

-B

Abdou Karim Jallow wrote:
I have just upgraded to PHP 5.2 from PHP 4. I am using Apache 2 with MYSQL.

Before the upgrade, everything was working well. (Was able to connect to my MYSQL database from PHP interface. However, now with the same PHP codes, I
am not able to connect to the MYSQL database instead I am getting errors
such as:

*Fatal error*:  Call to undefined function mysql_connect() in
*C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\viewusers.php* on line
*7

Line 7 is: $dbc = mysql_connect ('localhost') OR die ('Could not
connect to mysql: ' .mysql_error() );

*However, this was working fine before the upgrade. WHAT DO I NEED TO DO.

In a second attempt to fix the problem, I dited the system path to the
directory where php is installed. Now the error message is gone but still
cannot to the database. Whilst I tried to retrieve data from the database
using the PHP scripts, nothing comes from the database. Also I tried to post
but the data is not put in the data.base

Note when I upgraded to PHP 5, I still left the PHP 4 files in the computer.

PLEASE HELP ME