Re: Generating pages with full stories

Here's how you should do this (IMHO):

On you front page make a sql query say you want to display the latest 3
events. Your query probably will look like this:

select event_table_id, title from event_table order by date_created desc
limit 3;

then from the result make a while or for loop (for example your result is
stored in an array $aResult)

foreach ($aResult as $value) {
   echo '<a
href="eventFullStories.php?eventId='.$value['event_table_id'].'">'.$value['title'].'</a>;
}

Then on your eventFullSyories.php just query the event_table for that
eventId and display the event full story.

hth,
john

On 11/14/06, dancemaniac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <dancemaniac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>