Re: Generating pages with full stories

Yes...

But, the experts on this list need more info in order to help you out.

1. Where are the stories going to come from? If you plant to take news stories from other sites and use them on your own site, there are serious legal issues involved.

2. If you want to write the stories yourself, or invite visitors to write your stories, then you probably want a simple content management system using PHP and MySQL. There are a lot of them about. Google or ask for recommendations.

3. If you'd prefer to make the site yourself in order to learn PHP + MySQL programming, you can find lots of tutorials. Google PHP Tutorials and look around.

Good luck,

Jeffrey

dancemaniac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
I've got a website using PHP and MySQL. I would like to make a "news
preview" on the webpage's frontpage with a link to the full story.

Is it possible to use one (1) .PHP file to generate full stories, with
MySQL involved?

I'm just a newcomer in the world of PHP but I am doing my best in reading
materials for PHP.

Thanks in advance.