Stored Procedures vs mysqli_multi_query

Hey everybody,

Here is my problem: i have to exectute multiple SELECT queries to the

database, ad my question is how it would be how it would be faster:

1) either calling a stored procedure with mysqli_multi_query. That

stored procedure wold contain all of the SELECT queries.

2) using mysqli_multi_query to query all of the SELECTs directly

I don't know exactly how mysqli_multi_query works, i mena does it send

all of the queryes in one message to the mysql server, or one by one

(like a regulat mysql(i)_query)?  Because if you call a stored procedure

it sends just ONE query (the CALL of the procedure).

I hope you understood what i ment ...

Thanks in advance!