Re: big problem with PhPBB and PHP

jamesbond wrote:
Hi,
I'm trying to install PhPBB on a FreeBSD box, and am having problems.

The PhP version is 5.1.6, and when I try to install PhPBB, it tells me that it can't use my database, which is PostgreSQL 8.1.4. But PostgreSQL IS listed in the little drop-down menu. I believe that my PhP installation isn't configured for PostgreSQL. Do I need to recompile PhP ?

Create a phpinfo page and see if postgres support is listed there.

If not, then yes you'll need to add it.

If it is, then contact the phpbb guys and help them work out why it's not being picked up properly.

--
Postgresql & php tutorials
http://www.designmagick.com/