Re: Interacting with server without a refresh?

Jeffrey wrote:
This veers a bit from PHP, but is relevant.

I am building an interactive workshop tool using php and mysql.

I want the facilitator to be able to control which pages the participants see and to be able to control the data that appears on the page. The obvious way to do this would be to have regular page refreshes. This would reload the page bringing in new data from the db, or could pull in entire new pages using includes.

It's called ajax.

There are tons of tutorials around on the 'net, a quick search will find you some.

--
Postgresql & php tutorials
http://www.designmagick.com/