Re: PDF BLOB to Email

>> I think you're confusing php (the language) with bad programming
>> practices (the developers). They aren't the same.

> A true enough statement, except what i am referring to is that PHP (the
> language) lends itself to bad practice and has extremely bad security
> issues (example: your config info is usually in world readable files so
> *anyone* can get your database connection  info and have there way with
> your data) and has general unnecessary administration concerns (to add
> support for the simplest thing can break apache or PHP for the entire
> server, yeah yeah PECL, PEAR, etc whatever, they're crap).

> Or why not just

>  touch ~/php.ini

> and all your "secure" php.ini settings are turned right off (yeah yeah
> until you do Zend Optimizer's php.ini, but again more bloat for your
buck)

At the risk of extending empathy where none is given, perhaps you should
tell us what experiences have led to your negativism. You've been a
subscriber to this list for quite a while, and as far as I can remember,
your posts have never been critical of the language.

Surely something must have happened...

David