RE: webhosting with php/mysql and disk quota

You could also use the suid bit enable in your permission scripts!!

Miguel

-----Original Message-----
From: Micah Stevens [mailto:micah@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Lunes, 27 de Febrero de 2006 02:23 p.m.
To: php-db@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re:  webhosting with php/mysql and disk quota

Yes, however, a few of those require root permissions which gets tricky as
you
DO NOT want to run internet accessable php scripts as root, in which case
you're hosed.

What I do it run a perl daemon as root that php then connects to as a client
and requests actions, and the daemon will only accept connections from
localhost. The perl daemon actually does all the root actions.

There's several ways to do this, some more secure than others.. But in a
word,
yes it's possible, but you'll need to give it some thought.

-Micah

On Monday 27 February 2006 1:01 pm, vassilis wrote:
> Hello all,
> is it possible to do the following thing with php/mysql?
>
> 1. user registers
> 2. upon clicking the "submit" button a php script creates a mysql DB
>     with a unique name ( So far so good, till there I have no prob)
> 3. the specific user gets SELCT INSERT UPDATE rights for his database
only.
> 4. Mysql quota is set to 10MB
> 5. user directory with write permission only by the specific user gets
> created
>     under the www directory.
> 6. Syncronization of Disk quota and mysql quota e.g. 9MB pictures in the
> user directory,
>     means 1MB left for mysql or the oposite 9MB mysql data, 1mb free in
the
> user directory.
>
> This whole thing must run on its own without someone to create the
accounts

> thanks in advance
> Vassilis
>
> --

Este mensaje es exclusivamente para el uso de la persona o entidad a quien esta dirigido; contiene informacion estrictamente confidencial y legalmente protegida, cuya divulgacion es sancionada por la ley. Si el lector de este mensaje no es a quien esta dirigido, ni se trata del empleado o agente responsable de esta informacion, se le notifica por medio del presente, que su reproduccion y distribucion, esta estrictamente prohibida. Si Usted recibio este comunicado por error, favor de notificarlo inmediatamente al remitente y destruir el mensaje. Todas las opiniones contenidas en este mail son propias del autor del mensaje y no necesariamente coinciden con las de Radiomovil Dipsa, S.A. de C.V. o alguna de sus empresas controladas, controladoras, afiliadas y subsidiarias. Este mensaje intencionalmente no contiene acentos.

This message is for the sole use of the person or entity to whom it is being sent.  Therefore, it contains strictly confidential and legally protected material whose disclosure is subject to penalty by law.  If the person reading this message is not the one to whom it is being sent and/or is not an employee or the responsible agent for this information, this person is herein notified that any unauthorized dissemination, distribution or copying of the materials included in this facsimile is strictly prohibited.  If you received this document by mistake please notify  immediately to the subscriber and destroy the message. Any opinions contained in this e-mail are those of the author of the message and do not necessarily coincide with those of Radiomovil Dipsa, S.A. de C.V. or any of its control, controlled, affiliates and subsidiaries companies. No part of this message or attachments may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever.