FOUND THE PROBLEM WITH THE BAD CODE

Hi there everyone,

thanks to everyone for the help with the bad MySQL query.  it turns out
there was some bad JAVASCRIPT at the top and the search itself was fine, I
tested it on my dev machine and just realized I have an older version of
MySQL on here than on the server and the server was FINE DOH so I took out
the bad javascript and all is fine but now I have to upgrade my MySQL as
didn't realize it was from 2002 !!!

thanks again.

Chris