Re: apostrophes everywhere

sub@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

I looked at serveral of the function suggestions and indeed stumbled accross
htmlspecialchars when doing research on another suggestion:
mysqli_real_escape_string which I couldn't use since I'm not on PHP5. While
htmlspecialchars may not offer as much security as the later it should would
for my purposes.
Just to clarify, my suggestion was mysql_real_escape_string, not mysqli_real_escape_string. The former is available on PHP4 >= 4.3.0 and PHP5. That's the function the link I posted goes to (http://php.net/mysql_real_escape_string).

-Stut