RE: Problem installing mssql extension

Hi Jim,

Using PHPRC is not needed on Win32. It's an option.

If you read my post again you will see that I did not say anything about
putting PHP dll's in system32. I was refering to ntwdblib.dll. This is not
a PHP dll, it's a Microsoft DLL that will be installed with the CLient
Tools.

I agree with you about keeping installations simple. I don't even use an
extension dir. Everything works nicly with all PHP files installed in
c:\php5 (c:\php4 and c:\php6).

Your research on MSSQL depending on MySQL is wrong. As the maintainer of
the MSSQL extension I know for sure that it depends only on dblib from
Microsoft.

- Frank