Re: Getting PHP 5 w/mysqli to communicate with MySQL 5

Sorry, I was in a rush to work guys.

All these were downloaded pre-compliled for Win32.
Apache 2.0.55
PHP 5.1.1 w/php_mysqli.dll (improved mysql)
MySQL 5.0.18

This script:

<?php
$link = mysqli_connect('localhost','root','xxxxxx');
if (mysqli_connect_errno()) {
  echo "error";
  exit();
} else { echo "no error"; }
?>

turns into this:

no error

And this script:

<?php
$link = mysqli_connect('localhost','root','xxxxxx');
if (mysqli_connect_errno()) {
  echo "error";
  exit();
}
if (!mysqli_select_db($link,"pers")) {
  echo "pers not found"; }
else {
  if ($result = mysqli_multi_query($link, "select helloworld();")) {
    $row = mysqli_fetch_array($result, MYSQLI_NUM);
    echo $row[0];
  } else { echo "problem :("; }
}
?>

turns to this:

In summary again, It seems to want to connect to the database, but
doesnt see anything after connecting using mysqli functions. That
helloworld() function in the database exists.
I'm following this page for a tutorial to find out why I cant use the database:

http://mysql.gilfster.com/page.php?parent_id=4&page_id=4.0.2