Encrypting DB content

Hi there everyone,

I am about to launch the website for my complex where the homeowners can
login and check their billing status etc .. what is the best way, with PHP
and MySQL, to store an ENCRYPTED password into the database so that if
someone got into the DB they couldn't read the password but if they enter it
into the form on the site it still works?

I'm not sure on the best way to do this and any help would be really
appreciated.

Happy New Year everyone.

Chris