Re: Scrolling News

On Thursday 22 December 2005 1:38 pm, Alex Major wrote:
> Hi there.
> I'm trying to make a scrolling news box for my website. Basically I would
> like this news box to get information from a column in my database called
> 'news_title' and display it in a scrolling news box.
> The reason I'd like it to do this is because there is already a news page
> on my website, which stores 'news_date' ,  'news_poster' ,  'news_title' ,
> 'news_description' , 'news_content' in a table on my database. I'd just
> like to increase the functionality of this by having this news box on my
> front page, which scrolls the 'news_title'.
>
> Any suggestions for how to go about doing this? I'm still very new to php.
>
> Regards,
> Alex.

If you're thinking about a scroller (which is what I think you're hinting at),
you'll need to combine javascript and PHP.   Essentially this is how I'd go
about it:

1.  Find a scrolling news box written in Javascript.
2.  Where the static content is, rewrite it so that PHP writes out the
Javascript.