Re: Quick question

** Comments Inline **

*chop*
> Basically I need to be able to upload 1gig files via FTP which is based on

Whoa! Did I read ONE GIG? By FTP I understand *the* File Transfer
Protocol. How is it based on PHP?

> PHP, when the file uploads successfully it then adds the info to a mysql
> database so that the administration program can control the programs
> uploaded, but I can't upload any large files only small ones.

On FTP? Or from a PHP generated Web page?

> Any help would REALLY be appreciated as this is quite urgent and I've
> searched the net for examples but couldn't find what I needed.

For this answer I am assuming that you want to stick One Gig-o-files
using a PHP script. Let me know if this isn't the case. There are two
things to consider here:
1. The PHP script time-out (usually 30 secs) and the max-upload (2 MB)
2. The Apache Process recycle-time (look for settings in httpd.conf)

You can try playing around with these values. However, it is not good
for your scripts,Apache and PHP to stay in memory for such a long time
(till your huge file gets uploaded). They simply aren't designed to do
that. They are designed to just serve the requested page and shut up.

I'd suggest you use some different mechanism like SCP (if you don't want
to touch FTP) or rsync over SSH if you'd like the thing run unattended.

Regards,

ah