Quick question

Hi there everyone,

How do I set the following items with ini_set()?  I looked at the manual but
when I try nothing happens:

*	file_uploads
*	upload_max_filesize
*	max_input_time
*	memory_limit
*	max_execution_time
*	post_max_size

Basically I need to be able to upload 1gig files via FTP which is based on
PHP, when the file uploads successfully it then adds the info to a mysql
database so that the administration program can control the programs
uploaded, but I can't upload any large files only small ones.

Any help would REALLY be appreciated as this is quite urgent and I've
searched the net for examples but couldn't find what I needed.

Help me o-b-1, you're my only hope :-)

Thanks everyone.

Chris