My $_SESSION['''] variables are expiring!

My $_SESSION['variable'] 's are expiring.  How do I find what my web
site hosting company has their length set to so I may have them
adjusted?

They just expired while I was actively using the associated scripts.
Once the web site hosting computer lost track of the user session number
generated when I logged in the script couldn't access my settings!

Ron