mssql_select_db

I have some code which connects to a remote SQL server.  The code has
worked fine for a year and now the mssql_select_db is failing.  The
code hasn't changed and I talked to the SQL Server admin who assures
me nothing has changed and I am talking to the web host who says
nothing changed...how can I debug this?

The web host is running FreeBSD with the FreeTDS library and php 4.3.9.

Is there a way to echo all of the mssql tables after I make the
connection?  I can connect fine, just can't select a db so I want to
see what databases php can see.

Thanks!