Lock Tables Privileges

I have tried several times to create a user that has the ability to lock and unlock tables, but to no avail. Am I missing something? I tried creating a user with all privileges to a database and still the user does not have the ability to lock/unlock tables within that database.

GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON mydb.* TO 'thisUser'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'myPassword';

When I log in as "thisUser" and execute LOCK TABLE myTable WRITE (or READ) I get the following error:

Note: Assume myTable is a table that exists in the mydb database.

ERROR 1044 (42000): Access denied for user 'thisUser'@'localhost' to database 'registration'

What am I doing wrong?

Justin

Version: MySQL 4.1 (rpm)