MySQL Functions Installation

Ok here's a dummy question from yet another newbie:

Reading the instructions for enabling the MySQL Functions, I understood
until i get to this:

"For compiling, simply use the --with-mysql[=DIR] configuration option where
the optional [DIR] points to the MySQL installation directory. "

i have a windows XP Pro OS, and im working with Apache Server 2.0 and PHP
5.0, I've never heard about compiling in Windows, so I don't know where to
put the --with-mysql[=DIR] line, I suspect this is an instruction only for
Unix users, if not please help me so i can start developing php pages for
accesing MySQL databases.

--

"Too much fantasy loses reality, too much hope may seem somehow empty"

-Toriyama Akira