select * from table where column 'CONTAINS' more than one value (how?)

Hello all,

I have no problem creating a table, using a query from my dbase table  "news":

SELECT * FROM table where column = VALUE.

However, now that most of our articles have more than one column type (i.e.
instead of just technology, the column can now contain "technology, politics,
local".

My question is now that I have more than one value, what format can I use
for a "contain" command.

EXAMPLE:

articles needed "local political" articles:

SELECT * FROM table where column contains "politics", "local".

Does anyone know how to format the above command into a proper SQL query
language?

Thank you in advance.