Re: Shrinking gifs. .

nikos wrote:
Hello list
I'd like to make a thumbnaile list using some gifs.
I use the following code but I got error (Call to undefined function:
imagecreatefromgif() ).
Does anybody knows what's wrong?
[snip]
RH-9 Linux
Apache httpd-2.0.40-21.11
PHP Version 4.3.11
gd-1.8.4-11

gif support was removed from gd in 1.6*. It was re-added in 2.0.28. This is all due to the Unisys patent on the LZW compression that gifs use.

short answer - you just don't have support for making gifs, it was a licensing issue at the time the software you're using was released/packaged. Upgrade gd.

* funny, since gd stood for 'gif draw' originally.

cheers,
--
- Martin Norland, Sys Admin / Database / Web Developer, International Outreach x3257 The opinion(s) contained within this email do not necessarily represent those of St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.