Re: novice on table design

Hi Tony, Miguel

    yes that was my intention at first, but to absorb all three, Shop,
Employee, and Customer (and there may be 2 more to come) into an Address
table would be inefficient both in storage space and search time,..no?

having this compound keys at a separate Address table is essentially the
same idea, but I know it doesn't 'feel' right, for a start in Visio I can't
put a link to the Address table (because fkey can't be a foreign key to both
Shop and Employee)!!!

Apart from that, the tables are efficient, searching would be much quicker
for non-address info.

Tony