Re: Transfering post data to a series of pages. .

Perry, Matthew (Fire Marshal's Office) wrote:
Is there a way to transfer post data to a series of PHP pages?

For example, lets say I have the following 4 pages:
Page1.php - this page has my original post form
Page2.php - this page does one thing with the post data
Page3.php - this page does another thing with the post data
Page4.php - this page shows the results of everything I have done

Right now I am using the header: <?header("Location: page3.php");?>

The problem is, the following works:
Page1.php - this page has my original post form
Page2.php - this page does one thing with the post data
Page3.php - this page shows the results of everything I have done

But when I try to add the second transfer the data is lost:
Page1.php - this page has my original post form
Page2.php - this page does one thing with the post data
Page3.php - this page does another thing with the post data
Page4.php - Only the results from Page2.php are shown!!!!

ASP does this with <%Server.Transfer ("transferpage1.asp")%>
Is there a counterpart with PHP?

- Matthew

include() :P

seriously though, Page1.php and Page4.php are the only two pages that should exist, if any. Page2 and Page3 should pretty much guaranteed be turned into function calls or classes and called from Page4.php. You don't need to separate logic and display in separate scripts that you push everything at, just separate your logic out into function calls.

cheers,
--
- Martin Norland, Sys Admin / Database / Web Developer, International Outreach x3257
The opinion(s) contained within this email do not necessarily represent those of St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.