Re: php3 and oracle9i client libraries doesn't compile.... . .

Patel, Aman wrote:
As far as I know, PSA is the internal product name for "Plesk Server Administration" software. Here's the product page if you need more information.

http://www.sw-soft.com/ru/products/psa/

Why would PHP need PSA? I have no idea (apart from the fact that psa seems to be just another web server(tm) probably based on apache).

psa is an Oracle module - though I can't see what it is, maybe someone with Oracle somewhere could find out (there should be a psa.h somewhere) - it should be included with your Oracle server/client files. At the bare minimum, you can search for that and make sure php3 can find it, or just remove the -lpsa and see what happens - could be something unnecessary you aren't using anyway.

My guess is that it's an older module that's since been replaced or phased out, but php3's interface to it expects it to be there still. Could be wrong, it's happened before.

Incidentally, why does PHP need:
	Professional Services Automation
	Personal Security Advisor
	Public Safety Announcement
	Python Software Activity
	Port Scan Attack
 (  3 letter abbreviations are way too crowded :P  )

cheers,
--
- Martin Norland, Sys Admin / Database / Web Developer, International Outreach x3257
The opinion(s) contained within this email do not necessarily represent those of St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.