RE: MySQL Subquery problems...

only mysql 4.1+ supports subqueries..if you version is lower it won;t work

Bastien

From: "NIPP, SCOTT V (SBCSI)" <sn4265@xxxxxxx>
To: <php-db@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject:  MySQL Subquery problems...
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 09:25:36 -0600

	I am working with one of our Oracle DBAs to have him try and
help me get a couple of queries working.  The problem is that in looking
at the documentation for MySQL it seems that what we are attempting
should work.  Unfortunately, it doesn't.  Here is what we are trying...

mysql> SELECT CPU_Hostname FROM AllMid_Data
    -> WHERE CPU_Hostname NOT IN
    -> (SELECT hostname FROM exclusion);
ERROR 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax.  Check the manual that
corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use
near 'SELECT hostname FROM exclusion)' at line 3

	This is an error returned from the mysql client.  Any help would
be most appreciated.

Scott Nipp
Phone:  (214) 858-1289
E-mail:  sn4265@xxxxxxx