Content Management

So I was looking at PHP products the other day, and I realized there are a
few areas of web development in which I'm utterly ignorant. The most
important, right now, is Content Management.

(i.e. You design a site so that the client can manage it after you leave,
even if they don't know HTML, and preferably can even farm out
sub-sections of the site to other team members).

I've heard that PHP-Nuke and PostNuke are powerful and free (free is good
here) but fairly complex. I've also seen good reviews of SubDreamer, less
powerful than the *Nukes but also less complicated and easier for clients
to understand.

I'm helping to provide a community website for a condo, with mostly-static
content (regulations, by-laws, forms, etc) and frequent-update content
(committee events, board of directors' meeting minutes, newsletters, home
tips, area news, etc), so my needs aren't very complicated.

Anyone have any practical experience to share?

Apologies if this has been rehearsed a thousand times before, I see
discussions pop up in the archive but they never seem to come to a
concensus so I'm going to risk asking again...

-P

--
Peter @ westergaard .ca

A byte walks into a bar and orders a pint. Bartender asks him "What's
wrong?" Byte says "Parity error." Bartender nods and says "Yeah, I thought
you looked a bit off."