Re: Re: Handling database calculations with a php page

That's the convention. You HAVE TO:
        - read and use the manual, the rest of us do
        - dig out and follow a tutorial on working with PHP and databases

If you do not, you will have no real knowledge of what you're doing, only a piecemeal "Someone said to do it this way."

Do this BEFORE you get too deeply into your project.

I'd also recommend that you Google for "tutorial database normalization" and take to heart what you read on normalization. It is v. simple, usually one of the early chapters of almost any book on databases, but will keep your project and structure on focus.

Future queries of this nature will be answered: RTFM, 'cause you have to.

If you are just starting in on this, and about to say" But I don't know what questions to ask, or how to ask", that's why it is strongly recommended you dig out a tutorial and work through it, break the provided code and see what happens - error codes, etc., how fixing it works, and so forth.

These are NECESSARY first steps. You *cannot* skip the basics.

I can *promise* you these results:
1. The fuzzy maze of functions, use of symbols, obscurity, and the seeming "magic" will disappear and be replaced by confidence and the ability to ask sound questions.
2. You will point to your completed pages glowing on on monitor and proudly proclaim "I did that! Wanna know how it works?" (At which point your companion's eyes will glaze over and you will look like the magic-wielding wizard.)

Cheers - Miles