Re: password in md5 to connect to mysql instead of clear password

Well, yes, but as my key is never transmitted from client to server, it's
safer. ;)

I encrypt a connect request with my private key, which is can be unencrypted
by the public key, but the server knows it's me because only the private key
can make the encryption. The message is sent over the network, but none of
the tools to create it or read it are.

-Micah