Auto Responses?

Why do people set auto responses on a mailing list
like this?  It's crazy, imagine all the auto replies
this list would generate.  As if I care if a user is
not able to reply because they have gone on holidays
or something.  If they don't reply obviously they are
not around or can't answer or don't want to.  That's
fine, but I don't care if your away but I do care a
stupid auto response is setup.

It's worse than general spam!!!!!!!

http://au.movies.yahoo.com