From: Eve Atley [mailto:eatley@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, January 20, 2005 1:29 PM
To: 'php-db@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: Cannot load MySQL extension (mysql.so issues)

Platform: Redhat Linux Enterprise WS 3
PHP installed: 4.3.2
MySQL installed: 4.0.21
Apache installed: 2.0.46

When setting up PhpMyAdmin today, I got the error:
Cannot load mysql extension,
Please check PHP configuration

My phpinfo() shows:
'with-mysql=shared,/usr' (yes, the comma is not a mistake)
- This looks like a glitch; should I fix, and if so where?

Mysql.so was found in:
/usr/lib/php4/

My php.ini has been editted to read:
extension=mysql.so
...and I also tried:
extension="/usr/lib/php4/mysql.so"

Any clues on remedying this problem, without upgrading MySQL? I have read
the problem is solved by installing a PHP-MySQL package, but when I
attempted to do so via up2date, I was notified that a dependency was
required for a MySQL-client. But Mysql is already installed and running.

Any clues out there?

Thanks,
Eve