Re: Update multiple records

Norland, Martin wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: Jochem Maas [mailto:jochem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] Sent: Monday, January 10, 2005 11:59 AM
Subject: Re: Update multiple records

That's what I get for troubleshooting before lunch!

My apologies to the list and to anyone unfortunate enough to find that
post with a search!  I always get implode/explode mixed up (I think of
an array as more organized than a string - so I think of a string as
just an array that's been blown to smithereens).  I guess the idea is
that an array is like a bunch of pieces of a string after it's been
blown up.

thats actually why I personally always use join() instead implode(). also it does help beginners, the fact that its possible to use 'array syntax' on strings e.g.:

$str = 'mystring';

echo $str[1] . ' me God?';
// echos 'y me God?' - say it out loud people ;-)

I even checked the manual and dyslexically read it. 'Spose I owe everyone a cookie, and Jochem Maas two (plus first pick!).

I quick google lead me to suspect Martin is american... if that is true then I demand one of those bigass cookies with even bigger chocolate chips :-)

Cheers, - Martin Norland, Database / Web Developer, International Outreach x3257 The opinion(s) contained within this email do not necessarily represent those of St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.